Why Your Fish Oil May Not Be Measuring Up
Do you take fish oil? Chances are you do, if you’re the kind of person who takes a proactive approach to caring for your health. After all, the benefits of supplementing your diet with omega-3 fatty acids are hard to ignore.
Every cell in your body requires sufficient omega-3s to function properly. Yet according to leading experts, many people are critically deficient in omega-3s, which makes them vulnerable to a whole host of health complaints ranging from the annoying to the deadly.
When you replenish your omega-3 levels with a high-quality fish oil supplement, you’ll begin to notice amazing improvements. People consistently report significant benefits such as:
- Healthier cholesterol ratios
- Better moods and memory function
- Reduced joint discomfort
- Healthier hearing and vision
- More youthful looking skin
- Stronger nails and lustrous hair
- And more!
And these anecdotes are supported by clinical studies!
The Key Is High Levels of EPA and DHA
At this point, you may be wondering why anyone would even think twice about taking fish oil. Unfortunately, the truth is that much of the fish oil on the market today is of very low quality — laced with toxins such as mercury, or filled with oxidized fats that could cause more problems than you started out with.
And way too many supplement manufacturers try to pass off pills that contain pathetically low levels of the important omega-3s EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) as something that could actually be good for your health. Some of these pills don’t even contain fish oil at all, and some contain rancid, oxidized oil.
In recent lab tests, Consumer Reports found that 1 in 3 fish oil supplements fell short. The problem is not limited to discount brands. Even expensive brands sold by well-known stores are just not up to par.
Please keep reading to learn what you need to know about the potential dangers of taking low-quality fish oil and how to identify a high-quality product when you’re shopping for an omega-3 supplement.
Fish Oil Is Extremely Safe…
As Long as It’s Not Laced with Poison
There’s no question that omega-3s found in fish oil are extremely beneficial to virtually every aspect of health. But where those omega-3s come from is of the utmost importance, however. Experts estimate that upwards of 20 trillion gallons of toxins and pollutants find their way into our waterways each year, and these toxins naturally find their way into the fish and fish oil we consume for heath.[8,9]
The Only Way to Get Clean, Pure Fish Oil
How can you be sure that you are safely benefiting your health without having to worry about slowly poisoning your body with pollution? An advanced process called molecular distillation is currently the only known method for eliminating 100% of toxins and contaminants in fish oil without damaging its delicate omega-3s. Due to the expense associated with it, most manufacturers do not put their fish oil products through this critical process. As a result, regular old fish oil is typically impure, and often rancid. If the bottle does not have the words “molecularly distilled” on the label, you’d be wise to avoid it.
Avoiding Rancid Fish Oil and Oxidized Omega-3s!
Most people don’t know that omega-3s have a unique molecular structure that makes them very prone to oxidation, which transforms them from health-promoting fats to rancid trans fats that promote inflammation when they are exposed to light and heat. Most manufacturers ignore this simple scientific fact in the interest of rapid, inexpensive mass production. What a shame.
There are several measures that manufacturers can take to avoid creating rancid fish oil:
- Molecular distillation, the only method of purifying the oil without the use of heat
- Encapsulating the oil in a dark softgel that limits light exposure
- Combining omega-3s with antioxidants like CoQ10, tocopherols and tocotrienols
The best way you can avoid making the mistake of consuming potentially pro-inflammatory, rancid fish oil is to look for a product manufactured using all three of these techniques. This is such an important consideration that too few manufacturers take into account.
But if you know what to look for, you can ensure that your fish oil provides fresh, un-oxidized omega-3s, which will allow you to take full advantage of fish oil’s clinically researched ability to promote a healthy inflammatory response. As you’ll read below, omega-3s inflammation-quelling effects are crucial to all the other body-wide benefits associated with fish oil.
Get Support for a Healthy Inflammatory Response
The standard American diet (sometimes referred to as “SAD”) is high in omega-6 and oxidized trans fats, which can promote inflammation and damage cells throughout your body. This inflammation is thought to be responsible for “mystery symptoms” such as joint pain, fatigue, low mental energy and dry skin.
Research shows that the omega-3s found in fish oil can, in effect, neutralize these unhealthy oils, keeping inflammation at bay and making your whole body feel better.[16,17] Taking the right fish oil supplement with the proper levels of omega-3s can have an immediate impact on your health and can make those mystery symptoms disappear faster than you might have thought possible!
At the same time, these omega-3s go to work promoting healthy circulation and increasing blood flow to every part of your body, enlivening your limbs and organs. High doses of the omega-3s EPA and DHA help to support normal blood pressure and viscosity, keeping blood moving along to where it’s needed. These omega-3s also help to keep your blood vessels and arteries relaxed and pliable, while promoting normal blood cell aggregation, which ensures that your blood cells stick together like they’re
Harmonize Your Cholesterol Ratios with the Right Combination of Nutrients
For a healthy cardiovascular system, you need strong, pliable blood vessels that allow blood to circulate freely throughout your body, delivering vital oxygen and nourishment to every cell. Maintaining balanced levels of LDL (bad) and HDL (good) cholesterol is vital to keeping your blood vessels healthy. The trouble starts when LDL cholesterol oxidizes, building up inside your blood vessels and arteries and causing them to harden.
Breakthrough research has shown that certain key antioxidants actually block LDL oxidation while increasing levels of HDL (good) cholesterol.
Some of the most effective antioxidant approaches for promoting healthy cholesterol balance are:
- CoQ10: It’s been shown that people with unhealthy cholesterol levels tend to have low levels of CoQ10.
- Natural Vitamin E: The natural tocopherol and tocotrienol forms of vitamin E are well known for their ability to “soak up” and neutralize the free radicals that can oxidize cholesterol.[20,21]
And as I mentioned earlier, combining these antioxidants with fish oil in one supplement yields the benefit of helping to protect the omega-3s from oxidation.
A New Industry Standard for Fish Oil
I invite you to shop around and do your own research, but I’m excited to tell you about a breakthrough supplement called Omega XTS® that sets a new industry standard for fish oil purity, potency and overall effectiveness. As you may be aware, in addition to my work with Live in the Now, I run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been proudly making premium-grade supplements for over 20 years. I developed Omega XTS working with the company’s Scientific Advisory Board as a way of fighting back against all the low-quality fish oil on the market today.
My goal in creating this formula was to offer a fish oil product of superior quality at an amazingly affordable price, so that no one has to suffer the consequences of omega-3 deficiency. Keep reading to learn more about why I take Omega XTS every single day, and why I think you should consider doing the same!
It Starts with Superior Omega-3-Rich Oil
Here are 5 ways that the omega-3-rich oil used in Omega XTS is superior to that used in other available fish oil supplements:
1. SUSTAINABILITY: The omega-3-rich marine oil used in Omega XTS comes from cold-water fish obtained through traceable fisheries that are Friend of the Sea© certified, which means that they are committed to using environmentally sustainable fishing practices. These fisheries utilize practices designed to prevent overfishing of specific species and areas of the ocean.
2. PURITY: It’s molecularly distilled using a special advanced vacuum technology. The oil is carefully processed in a state-of-the-art Norwegian facility to remove all toxins and contaminants without damaging the delicate omega-3s found in the oil.
3. POTENCY: It contains more of the important omega-3s EPA and DHA than regular fish oil. Each daily dose of Omega XTS provides 640 mg of EPA and 440 mg of DHA for powerful protection for your brain and cardiovascular system.
4. FRESHNESS: It’s guaranteed to be fresh. Omega XTS is fortified with tocopherols and tocotrienols (natural forms of vitamin E) and coenzyme Q10. These natural antioxidants act as natural preservatives, protecting the freshness of the oil and preventing oxidation.
5. NOTHING “FISHY”: You’ll never experience the “fishy aftertaste” you might be used to with regular fish oil. Not only is Omega XTS extremely fresh, it’s the only fish oil enhanced with lipase, an enzyme that aids digestion of omega-3 fats and increases their absorption!
With Omega XTS, You Also Get a Potent Dose of CoQ10
My research team wanted to make sure Omega XTS offered a complete heart health protection solution, so they included a potent 50 mg dose of Kaneka Q10® CoQ10. When it comes to heart health, CoQ10 and omega-3s are a match made in heaven and, in my opinion, any fish oil supplement worth its salt should contain a clinically effective dose of CoQ10.
CoQ10 is an antioxidant that is best known as the “spark plug” that fuels cellular energy production, especially in the heart. Every cell in your body needs CoQ10 to function
optimally, yet, unfortunately, levels decline with age, which can severely compromise your heart function and energy levels. By the age of 50, your CoQ10 levels may be too low to support optimal heart function. What’s worse, the cholesterol-lowering statin drugs so many people take to protect their hearts severely deplete CoQ10 levels.
Kaneka Q10® is far superior to ordinary CoQ10 for several reasons:
• It fuels heart health better than any other CoQ10 out there. Its shown effectiveness is the reason that it is routinely used in gold-standard clinical trials.
• It’s more absorbable. Kaneka Q10® is a naturally produced trans-form variety of CoQ10, which has been shown in studies to be the most readily absorbed by cells.
• It’s bio-identical to the CoQ10 produced naturally within the body. Unlike synthetic CoQ10, Kaneka Q10® is in a form that the body can easily recognize and absorb.
And we didn’t stop there! We enhanced the formula by adding two more ingredients, making Omega XTS the only fish oil supplement you’ll ever need:
- Vitamin D3: Many people lack the levels of this critical nutrient needed for optimal cardiovascular function, cognitive health and inflammation control. Vitamin D3 is the natural form, and it is more effective than its synthetic counterpart, vitamin D2.
- Lipase: This natural digestive enzyme is required for the breakdown and assimilation of healthy fats. It boosts the effectiveness of Omega XTS by making its omega-3s significantly more absorbable so you get all of the health benefits you deserve.
Vitamin E for Extra Freshness and Potency
In addition to CoQ10, vitamin D3 and lipase, Omega XTS is fortified with tocopherols and tocotrienols. These antioxidant compounds comprise the full spectrum of natural vitamin E and offer targeted support for a healthy cardiovascular system. The antioxidant properties of these natural forms of vitamin E fight aging on a cellular level and keep LDL (“bad”) cholesterol from oxidizing and hardening in your blood vessels and arteries. The inclusion of these ingredients also helps to ensure that Omega XTS is extremely fresh, and never stale or rancid like many of the fish oil pills sitting on the shelf at your local drugstore.
Stop Wasting Your Money on Regular Old Fish Oil — Make the Switch to Omega XTS Today!
Here’s a summary of why I’m confident that you’ll find no better omega-3 product — and no better value — than Omega XTS.
- Omega XTS provides 640 mg of EPA and 440 mg of DHA, and a total of 1,280 mg of omega-3 fatty acids from 2,000 mg of sustainably sourced wild cold-water fish oil.
- Omega XTS provides a potent 50 mg dose of Kaneka Q10® CoQ10 and 200 IU of vitamin D3, nutrients most people are deficient in, for complete cardiovascular protection and overall health support.
- Omega XTS is fortified with full- spectrum, natural vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols for absolute freshness you can taste and enhanced heart health and antioxidant benefits.
- Omega XTS is enhanced with lipase, a natural digestive enzyme, which increases absorption of omega-3s and helps to eliminate any potential aftertaste. The capsules are also enhanced with fresh-tasting natural lemon oil.
- Omega XTS is made in a FDA-inspected facility and molecularly distilled using state-of-the-art vacuum technology that removes dangerous environmental toxins like mercury, lead and PCBs to undetectable levels.
- Omega XTS costs as low as $14.95 per bottle — which is half, and even up to one-third, the cost of those “premium grade” fish oils that don’t even come close in quality and don’t provide any of the “extras” found in Omega XTS.
And you get all of this in just 2 easy-to-swallow softgels per day!
I also personally inspect the manufacturing facility where Omega XTS is made on a monthly basis to make sure my rigorous quality standards are being met to a tee. Lastly, I stand by this product 100%.
To learn more about Omega XTS and get special introductory pricing and free shipping, click here.
PLoS Med. 2009 Apr 28; 6(4):e1000058.
J Alzheimers Dis. 2003;5(4):315-322.
Am J Pathol. 175:799-807.
J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1712-1720.
Mar Pollut Bull. 2003; 46(4):522-524.
Landrum PF and Fisher SW. Influence of lipids on the bioaccumulation and trophic transfer of organic contaminants in aquatic organisms. Chapter 9 in MT Arts and BC Wainman. Lipids in fresh water ecosystems. 1999. Springer Verlag, New York.
EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency). 1997. Mercury Study Report to Congress. Vol. IV: An Assessment of Exposure to Mercury in the United States . EPA-452/R-97-006. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards and Office of Research and Development.
Limnol Oceanogr. 50(5):1511-1519.
Metrologia. 2003: doi:10.1088/0026- 1394/40/1A/08004.
J Appl Microbiol. 1976:40(1):61-66.
J Am Oil Chem Soc. 2004;81(4):355-360.
Biomed Pharmacother. 2002;56(8):365-379.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;90(2):415-424.
Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(9):686-694.
http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/About – Arrhythmia_UCM_002010_Article.jsp#.T4WWg3kpBQI
JAMA. 2005 Jul 6;294(1):56-65.
Arch Neurol. 2004;61:889-92.
Joshua Corn -Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.