Occasional Heartburn and Acid Reflux — Here’s What Your Doctor Should Be Telling You (But Probably Isn’t)
Whether you suffer from occasional heartburn, acid indigestion after meals or a burning in your chest and throat that interrupts your sleep and everyday life, what you’re about to read may be the best news you’ve heard in a long time.
And if you’re using one of the widely-recommended “solutions” for these issues, what you will learn in the next few minutes could save you from more serious health problems.
At best, the approaches most people rely on for relief merely mask the symptoms. And for some, they can have serious consequences that you might not be warned about, including bone loss, nutrient deficiencies and increased risk of life-threatening infections.[1-4]
Even more disturbing is that these “solutions” can have rebound symptoms, meaning they may actually make the problem worse!
I truly believe that someday, we’ll look back on the widespread use of today’s common remedies as a colossal and inexcusable error.
And considering that there are safe, natural and effective solutions that offer relief from the discomfort of occasional heartburn and acid indigestion, the idea that millions of people think they have no other options is especially troubling.
In my opinion, doctors who don’t discuss these natural options with their patients are committing malpractice.
If you’re struggling with occasional indigestion or other acid-related problems, please keep reading. I have some important information to share with you today. Because you simply don’t have to suffer anymore.
Standard Remedies for Acid Issues Aren’t as Safe as You’ve Been Told
Did you know that, according to the FDA, some acid-blocking remedies are really only considered safe to take for 2 weeks?
Yet this is a far cry from how these aids are typically used, with many people relying on them continually for years on end with little supervision.
Acid-blocking remedies may indeed be effective at reducing stomach acid secretion. However, there is a gaping and very dangerous hole in this logic.
The Surprising Truth About Occasional Heartburn and Acid Indigestion
Common sense tells us that acid is in our stomachs for a reason. It’s essential for digestion, nutrient absorption, immune health and a wide range of other basic bodily functions. Moreover, for many people acid production declines sharply with age, while acid related issues become increasingly common as we grow older.
So if acid related issues are more often associated with declining acid production, how can shutting off acid production improve the situation? It can’t!
There is growing evidence that the majority of people who suffer from uncomfortable acid issues actually have too little stomach acid. Yet this is entirely contrary to what many people — even some doctors — are led to believe.
Get Fast Relief for Occasional Heartburn and Acid Indigestion with 3 Proven Natural Solutions
I have good news to share however.
Many people don’t know that there are natural ways to get relief from the discomfort that makes you miserable and keeps you up at night, and you simply deserve to have this information.
Research has shown that three natural ingredients have remarkable effectiveness in relieving occasional heartburn and acid indigestion, while helping soothe the mucosal lining of the stomach and gastrointestinal tract without side effects.
Acid Relief Solution #1 DGL: The Licorice Soother
You might be familiar with licorice as a sweet flavoring agent, but licorice also has a long history of use as a soother of digestive discomfort.
However you need to know about a special preparation of licorice called deglycyrrhizinated licorice, or DGL for short that has been shown to be extremely effective at this.
DGL has the very unique ability to help restore the integrity of the esophageal, stomach and intestinal lining by increasing the secretion of protective mucus that lines the gastrointestinal tract. This lining is a key component of the stomach’s defense against the erosive properties of acid, and by increasing mucus production with DGL, your body’s natural protective barrier is strengthened.
One double-blind study compared the benefits of DGL to the conventional approach and found that it was equally as effective when evaluated at both six and twelve weeks of use.
Other clinical trials have demonstrated the benefits of DGL for supporting the integrity of the stomach lining, including one four-week trial that showed that DGL was significantly more effective than a placebo.
In addition, research on a specific form of DGL, called GutGuard®, has shown
it can also help with functional dyspepsia, or discomfort in the upper belly or abdomen occurring during or right after eating.
One caution: some licorice supplements contain compounds that can elevate blood pressure. This is not an issue with GutGuard® DGL since this special preparation of licorice has had the blood pressure elevating compound, glycyrrhizin, removed.
Acid Relief Solution #2 The Healing Power of Slippery Elm
Slippery elm (Ulmas fulva) is an herb famous for its soothing properties. As the name implies, extracts of the bark of the slippery elm tree are often “slippery” due to the fact that its mucilage, found in the inner bark, produces copious amounts of compounds called polysaccharides. These compounds are very similar in nature to the makeup of the mucus in your stomach that protects it from stomach acid and can augment your body’s own mucus production, helping to protect the lining of the esophagus, stomach and intestines.
The polysaccharides found in slippery elm have a long history of use in traditional herbal medicine for helping to soothe and relieve irritated internal tissue along the gastrointestinal tract. Known as a demulcent, slippery elm can also help
to promote a healthy inflammatory response in the stomach and intestines, making it a valuable ally for promoting healthy overall digestion in addition to helping with acid problems.
Acid Relief Solution #3 Cooling Aloe Vera
Most people are familiar with the healing properties of aloe vera. If you split open a fresh aloe leaf, you will see the thick, mucus-like gel contained inside. Perhaps you may have applied this gel to irritated skin as a soothing agent. Well, like slippery elm, aloe is also rich in the polysaccharides that help to restore the cells in your esophagus and digestive tract.
While aloe vera has been used historically for a variety of healing purposes, only in recent years have scientists identified specific compounds that may account for its unique ability to soothe and heal tissue.
One study found that aloe vera supplementation resulted in improved intestinal motility and other markers of gastrointestinal health. Study participants reported reduced bloating after meals and reduced flatulence.
Another double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of aloe vera for supporting a healthy inflammatory response in the intestines. Researchers found that oral aloe vera taken for four weeks produced measurable improvements with no side effects.
However, like licorice, the aloe plant has some properties that can come with some unwanted side effects. There is a portion of the aloe leaf referred to as the latex, which acts as a powerful laxative, and you want to find an aloe product that has the latex portion removed to avoid this side effect. ACTIValoe® is one such brand.
My Personal Solution for Occasional Heartburn and Acid Indigestion
I encourage you to try one or more of the 3 natural solutions I’ve described above. Many people have reported best results when taking all 3 of these natural remedies together, but at the same time complained about the number of pills and the substantial cost.
That’s when I set out to make an effective all-in-one solution that is convenient and affordable so everyone could get the relief they deserve.
In addition to my work with Live in the Now, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been proudly making premium grade supplements for over 20 years.
Working with my Scientific Advisory Board, I developed AcidRelief360® to provide a safe, effective and 100% natural solution for relieving occasional heartburn and acid indigestion. And since it’s priced as low as $12.45 per bottle, nearly everyone can enjoy its amazing benefits.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get AcidRelief360 for as low as $12.45 per bottle, plus free shipping. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
AcidRelief360 is the only supplement on the market that combines DGL, slippery elm and aloe vera with two additional herbal digestive soothers: lemon balm and German chamomile to provide powerful relief. Simply take one small, easy-to-swallow pill after your morning and evening meals.
Here’s what makes AcidRelief360 the best natural solution available:
- 75 mg of GutGuard® DGL: Deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) helps to restore the integrity of the esophageal, stomach and intestinal lining by increasing the secretion of protective mucus. Research suggests GutGuard® DGL can help with functional dyspepsia (discomfort in the upper belly or abdomen occurring during or right after eating).
- 200 mg of Slippery Elm Bark: Slippery elm (Ulmus rubra) is an herb famous for its soothing properties. As the name implies, extracts of slippery elm are often slippery due to the high content of plant polysaccharides. These polysaccharides can help to soothe irritated internal tissue along the gastrointestinal tract.
- 50 mg of ACTIValoe® Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is rich in compounds called polysaccharides, which are similar in nature to the makeup of the mucus in your stomach that protects it from stomach acid. It has been ranked as one of the top natural digestive products for years. ACTIValoe® is made using a patented process that removes the laxative properties of aloe and provides more polysaccharides to help soothe the digestive tract.
- 50 mg of Lemon Balm: Traditionally used as far back as the Middle Ages, lemon balm is considered a calming herb that eases tension, as well as the discomfort of indigestion including gas, nausea and bloating. In addition, lemon balm has the ability to relax smooth muscle, which means that it can help to relieve spasms of the digestive tract.
- 150 mg of German Chamomile: Chamomile has been used as a natural digestive soother and mild herbal sedative for thousands of years dating back to the ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks. The flowers of the chamomile plant contain compounds called mucilages, which have a soothing effect on the lining of the esophagus and other mucus membranes.
- Non-Habit-Forming and Side Effect-Free: Unlike other remedies, the ingredients in AcidRelief360 do not cause rebound symptoms or any other side effects.
- Try It Risk-Free: AcidRelief360 comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right, take it for up to one year, and return it for a full refund if you don’t like it.
- Guaranteed Safety, Quality and Effectiveness: AcidRelief360 is guaranteed to be safe and effective. It’s made in Stop Aging Now’s own state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected facility located in Florida to meet or exceed the stringent USP standards for quality, purity, potency and disintegration.
- Affordable and Convenient: AcidRelief360 is available for as low as $12.45 per bottle, which is far less expensive than many other similar products on the market. Plus it ships to you for free.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get AcidRelief360 for as low as $12.45 per bottle, plus free shipping.
1. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011; in press.
2. Curr Op Gastroenterol. 2011;27:180–185.
3. Am J Ther. 2008;15:536–542.
4. JAMA. 2009;302(1):31-32.
5. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:1538–1540.
7. J Am Geriatr Soc. 1986 Nov;34(11):800-6
9. Gut. 1982;23:545-551.
10. Gut. 1969;10:299-302.
11. Unpublished paper: http://www.humanclinicals.org/gutguard
12. Wren RC, et al. Potter’s New Cyclopedia of Botanical Drugs and Preparations.
Essex, UK: CW Daniel Company, 1988, 252.
13. University of Maryland Medical Center. Slippery Elm. Accessed 2015:
14. Preventive Medicine. 1985;14(2):152-4.
15. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2004;19:739-747.
16. Gut June 1985:26 (6): 599-602.