How to Reduce Chemicals in Your Body by 44% in Just 3 Days (This is Crazy)
Sometimes it takes years to see the positive effects of a healthy lifestyle practice. This isnt the case with reducing toxicity, as a new study reveals one thing you can do that will cause some harmful chemicals in your body to plummet in three days.
The personal care products we use enhance our beauty and make us smell good, as well as cleanse our hair, skin and teeth. But what do they do to our internal body chemistry? To put it bluntly, they make us a toxic waste dump. Toiletries contain thousands of unregulated chemicals that are absorbed into the skin and produce adverse health effects. The recent research shows an easy way to reduce your levels of three of the best known toxins substantially.
Do you often experience backaches, joint pain, weak bones, memory problems or other age-related health issues? Youre not alone.
Many of these common health burdens are simply due to a vitamin deficiency experienced by a whopping 75% of adults in the U.S. The good news is that this deficiency can be corrected quickly, easily and inexpensively.
Chemicals Fell 37 to 44 Percent in Three Days
Scientists in California asked 100 teenage girls to stop using their personal care products that contained parabens, triclosan and phthalates for three days. They instructed the girls to use only products with labels stating they were free of these chemicals. After comparing the results of urinalysis tests taken before and after the three-day period, the researchers saw a significant decline in concentrations of the ingredients under study.
- Parabens, preservatives used in shampoos, cosmetics and lotions, decreased 44 percent.
- Triclosan, an antibacterial in toothpastes, deodorants, liquid antibacterial hand soaps and face washes, reduced 35 percent.
- Phthalates, industrial plasticizers in perfume and some nail polishes, lowered 27 percent.
The girls were empowered by the experiment because it taught them that the simple measure of reading labels before purchasing products can protect them. Product safety may also be researched through web databases. Although toiletries contain many other harmful chemicals, the above three are among the worst offenders. If three days of abstaining from the products can result in such significant reductions, presumably their concentrations would decline much further after avoiding them for a longer period.
Health Effects of Parabens, Triclosan and Phthalates
- Parabens mimic the effects of estrogen, which can increase the risk of breast tumors, skin cancer and male reproductive problems.
- Triclosan is associated with the disruption of reproductive and thyroid hormones. In addition, a disturbing study found it impairs muscle contractions, reducing heart muscle function by 25 percent and grip strength by 18 percent.
- Phthalates are linked to a host of serious ills, including cancer, diabetes, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, low IQ, obesity, autism, asthma and male fertility problems.
FDA Has Virtually No Authority Over Personal Care Products
Some consumers may assume that if a product is on the market, it has passed a safety inspection. The reality is that the Food and Drug Administration has almost no authority over personal care products and the ingredients manufacturers put into them. Companies are legally free to use almost any chemical without first proving it safe. Because of the lack of FDA oversight and failure of manufacturers to test ingredients, consumers are exposed to potentially harmful chemicals.
Tips for Finding Toxin-Free Toiletries
As a rule, the cheaper the product, the more toxins it contains. Noted natural health practitioner Dr. Joseph Mercola provides the following advice on how to find safe products.
- Your local health food store likely carries toxin-free, natural toiletries.
- Artificial fragrances contain many chemicals, so look for products that are labeled fragrance-free.
- Avoid all antiperspirants, and use only natural deodorants.
- Opt for organic skin and hair care lines, and check for the genuine USDA Organic Seal.
- Since serious health risks are linked to BPA, a chemical that leaches out of plastic bottles, personal care products in glass bottles are preferable.
Mary West is a natural health enthusiast, as she believes this area can profoundly enhance wellness. She is the creator of a natural healing website where she focuses on solutions to health problems that work without side effects. You can visit her site and learn more athttp://www.alternativemedicinetruth.com. Ms. West is also the author of Fight Cancer Through Powerful Natural Strategies.