This Vitamin-Rich Duo Is the Secret to Looking Refreshed
As much as we may cherish the wisdom that comes with our years, none of us like to notice any visible signs of aging, like wrinkles or dark spots.
The good news is that there’s an amazingly simple way to slow, and even reverse, the aging process of your skin. And it doesn’t involve expensive beauty creams, harsh chemicals or potentially risky cosmetic procedures!
Best of all, unlike Botox® and collagen injections, which can leave your skin bruised, sore and puffy — not to mention prone to itching, abscesses and infections — this trick can be your little secret!
Please keep reading if you want to take advantage of the latest findings to get rapid, dramatic results — from smoothing fine lines and wrinkles to evening out skin tone and lightening age spots.
Unlocking the Secret to Beautiful Skin
You probably know how important vitamin C is as an essential nutrient. Found in high concentrations in citrus fruits, berries and rose hips (the fruit of the rose plant), it plays a vital role in supporting your immune system and overall health.
However, few people know that vitamin C is also vital to the production of collagen, which is essential for firm, smooth, youthful-looking skin.
Vitamin C is also a potent antioxidant that has been shown to help rejuvenate aging and sun-damaged skin!
Long before scientists examined the effects of vitamin C on the skin, however, Native Americans used vitamin C-rich rose hips and petals to make a paste for healing and moisturize their skin.
And did you know that old-fashioned “cold cream” was originally called “ointment of rose water” because its two main ingredients were rose oil and rose water?
Vitamin C skin care has certainly come a long way since then.
Topical Vitamin C Shown to Be 20-40 Times More Effective at Rejuvenating Your Skin
Your skin is a complex organ that protects your entire body, and its aging not only affects how old you look, but can also expose you to significant health risks.
So it’s vitally important to take good care of your skin. And research has shown that one of the very best ways to do that is with topically applied vitamin C.
Why is it so important to apply vitamin C directly to your skin?
Scientists now know that our levels of vitamin C begin to decline as we age, and they’re hard to replenish. Vitamin C is water-soluble, which means most of the vitamin C we ingest is rapidly excreted.
And while getting vitamin C from food or supplements is important, it’s not an effective means of increasing vitamin C concentration in the skin. Research shows that the most effective method for replenishing vitamin C in the skin is to apply it directly.
In fact, applying vitamin C to the skin has been shown to be 20-40 times more effective than oral ingestion!
Two Ways Vitamin C Works Wonders on Your Skin
Before you rush out to buy the first topical vitamin C product you can get your hands on, it’s important to understand that the vitamin C in most products is, unfortunately, useless. More on this later.
First, let’s discuss the two primary ways vitamin C works to rejuvenate your skin:
1. Vitamin C Rapidly Improves Collagen Synthesis
Research has shown that topically applied vitamin C improves collagen synthesis in the skin, helping to maintain its youthful appearance. Collagen is a protein that essentially forms the framework that makes the skin firm and smooth.
As you age, the amount of collagen in your skin declines drastically. And this ongoing process is typically accelerated by factors like exposure to sunlight and environmental toxins, as well as inflammation.
As your body’s ability to produce new collagen declines, topical vitamin C has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to boost collagen synthesis and slow its degradation.
2. Vitamin C Effectively Fights Free Radical Damage
Vitamin C is best known as a potent antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals in the skin and throughout the body. A free radical is a chemically unstable molecule that can wreak havoc on your skin and your overall health.
When free radicals are present in the skin, they can cause the collagen to break down. As the damage accumulates over the years, the skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Antioxidants like vitamin C neutralize free radicals before they have a chance to damage the skin.
Clinical Studies Demonstrate: Vitamin C Rejuvenates Aging Skin
An impressive array of clinical studies have demonstrated that topical vitamin C can quickly rejuvenate aging skin, making it look smoother, younger and more vibrant, while also protecting against free radical damage.
One notable placebo-controlled study showed a significant reduction in fine lines and wrinkles within just 12 weeks!
Other studies have shown that vitamin C can reduce damage to the skin’s protein fibers, increase the production of collagen, and even reverse some age-related structural changes in the skin.[6-8]
Another 12-week, placebo-controlled study involving participants with moderate sun damage showed a significant improvement in the appearance of fine lines, and skin texture and tone.
A photographic assessment revealed a remarkable 57.9% improvement in the vitamin C-treated group compared with the control group.
The Serious Problem with Many Topical Vitamin C Products
While the clinical research on topical vitamin C is certainly impressive, most vitamin C products pose one little-known problem that renders them virtually useless.
You see, the ascorbic acid form of vitamin C used in many widely-advertised products is highly unstable, which means that it quickly oxidizes when it’s exposed to air. This often happens during the manufacturing and packaging process. And when vitamin C oxidizes, it not only loses its antioxidant benefits, but it can actually cause new free radicals to form!
As a result, most of these vitamin C products are at best ineffective and at worst can damage your skin.
The Vitamin C Breakthrough That’s a Game-Changer for Your Skin
In a significant breakthrough, scientists have now solved the problem of vitamin C’s instability by developing a natural, stabilized form of vitamin C called tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, or THDA Vitamin C. Once I learned about its benefits, it became clear to me that this new, advanced form of vitamin C is essential for youthful, radiant skin.
Unlike ascorbic acid, cutting-edge THDA Vitamin C is lipid-soluble, which means it has the unique ability to thoroughly and rapidly penetrate your skin to fight free radicals on a deep cellular level.
So not only is THDA Vitamin C resistant to oxidation, research has shown that it’s significantly more absorbable and effective at fighting free-radical damage, boosting healthy collagen production and reducing wrinkle depth than ascorbic acid.
The Only Topical Vitamin C Products You Should Consider
When I first learned about THDA Vitamin C, I was excited to recommend it to my readers, friends and family members. However, it was so cutting edge that there just weren’t many products out there formulated with it — and the ones I did find were absurdly expensive.
In addition to my work with Live in the Now, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been making premium-grade natural health products for over 20 years, including a line of natural, science-based skin care products called PurGevity®.
So I immediately went to work with my Scientific Advisory Board to create an advanced, yet affordable, TDHA Vitamin C based anti-aging skin care system as a way of fighting back against all the ineffective vitamin C products on the market. Not only are many made with the inferior ascorbic acid form of vitamin C that is basically useless, but most are also laden with chemicals that can cause much more harm than good.
Using the highest quality THDA Vitamin C available, we created the Pure-C® Radiant Skin System, which is designed to allow you to take full advantage of vitamin C’s amazing skin rejuvenation benefits.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get the Pure-C Radiant Skin System for as low as $29.95 — with free shipping! Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
This system is truly unique, because it combines a lightweight facial serum that provides fast-acting, deep daily antioxidant support with a soothing eye cream specially formulated to rejuvenate the delicate skin surrounding your eyes.
Consumer Beware: The skin that surrounds your eyes is up to 10 times thinner than other skin. So using “one formula for your entire face” won’t produce optimal results. It’s very important to use a product specifically designed for the delicate area around the eyes.
The best part about our new Pure-C Radiant Skin System is that it’s priced as low as $29.95 so it’s extremely affordable. PLUS it’s natural and is guaranteed to provide rapid, dramatic results for youthful-looking skin.
An Advanced Vitamin C System for Superior Skin Care
I encourage you to shop around and do your own research, but here’s why I think you’ll find the Pure-C Radiant Skin System to be the very best option on the market:
- Formulated with unique, stabilized THDA Vitamin C: If you want real results that are both fast-acting and long-lasting, then you need to use the cutting-edge form of vitamin C found in the Pure-C Radiant Skin System on a daily basis. Products made with the more common ascorbic acid form of vitamin C are virtually worthless.
- Features a serum and an eye cream for incredible results: It’s vitally important to provide your skin with targeted hydration and rejuvenation support in the ideal form. This is why the Pure-C Radiant Skin System includes both a lightweight facial serum for daily antioxidant support, and a rich eye cream specially formulated for the delicate skin surrounding your eyes, which is up to 10 times thinner than other areas of your face.
- Quickly firms, brightens and evens out discolorations: Pure-C Radiant Skin Serum rapidly penetrates skin cells, delivering powerful antioxidant support to promote smooth, youthful, radiant skin. It also contains a blend of botanical extracts and oils that help to gently exfoliate, accelerating cell renewal without irritating the skin.
- Reduces under-eye circles, puffiness and crow’s feet: Pure-C Radiant Skin Eye Cream provides specialized support for the delicate skin around your eyes that is most vulnerable to dryness and premature aging. Its unique ingredients fight under-eye circles, puffiness, and fine lines and wrinkles to help your eyes shine with youthful beauty.
- Extra support from hyaluronic acid: Found in both the serum and eye cream, this naturally occurring polysaccharide provides moisture, firmness and suppleness. As you age, your skin’s natural levels of hyaluronic acid decline, and applying it to your skin’s surface results in softer, smoother, more hydrated skin.
- Rapid, long-lasting results: You’ll notice brighter, more youthful looking skin almost immediately, with results that get better over time! The Pure-C Radiant Skin System’s cutting-edge formulas provide powerful support for increased collagen production, antioxidant protection and smooth, firm, even-toned, healthy skin.
- Contains only pure, natural ingredients: Unlike many highly-advertised creams and serums, which are loaded with harsh chemicals, the Pure-C Radiant Skin System contains only pure, natural ingredients — no artificial fragrances, parabens, phthalates or other toxic chemicals.
- Safe, effective and made in an FDA-inspected facility: The Pure-C Radiant Skin System is made in an FDA-inspected facility for quality you can trust, and it comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right, try it for up to one year, and return it for a full refund if you don’t like it.
- Affordable and risk free: You can get the complete Pure-C Radiant Skin System for as low as $29.95. Plus it ships to you for free!
I also personally inspect the manufacturing facility where the Pure-C Radiant Skin System is made on a regular basis to make sure my rigorous quality standards are being met, so I feel comfortable saying I stand by this product 100%.
I use the Pure-C Radiant Skin System every morning without fail. After cleansing, I simply apply a few drops of the serum to my face and neck and gently smooth over my skin before applying the eye cream. Within the first few days, I began to notice dramatic improvements in the radiance and overall tone of my skin. The potent yet gentle ingredients found in the Pure-C Radiant Skin System quickly sprang into action to repair damaged cells, even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of age spots. Within about a week, I noticed that my skin looked healthier, smoother and more youthful. And the results keep getting better and better with time.
Plus, the fact that the ingredients found in the Pure-C Radiant Skin System are natural means that you’re not simply getting short-term benefits at the risk of long-term damage, which is the case with so many skin products. The Pure-C Radiant Skin System will provide instant results while enhancing the long-term health of your skin.
And here’s the best part: For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get the Pure-C Radiant Skin System for as low as $29.95 — with free shipping!
- Ann NY Acad Sci. 1985;460:187-201.
- Indian Dermatol Online J. 2013 Apr;4(2):143-6. doi: 10.4103/2229-5178.110593
- J Cosmet Dermatol. 2004 Jul;3(3):149-55.
- Dermatol Surg. 2002 Mar;28(3):231-6.
- Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2004 Jul;17(4):200-6.
- Exp Dermatol. 2003;12:237-244.
- J Invest Dermatol. 2001;116:853-859.
- BMC Dermatol. 2004;4:13.
- Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1999 Oct;125(10):1091-8.
- BV-OSC Dossier. Barnet Products Corporation. Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.