This Nutrient Does the One Thing CoQ10 Can’t
Did you know that 95% of your body’s energy is generated by tiny cellular “power plants” called mitochondria?
You might not have given it much thought before, but new research is showing that if you want to stay healthy, active and youthful as you age, taking care of your mitochondria may be the single most important thing you can do.
Each of your cells can contain up to 2,000 of these little energy factories, with the largest number found in the cells with the highest energy demands, like those in your brain and heart.
The problem is, as we age, our mitochondria often begin to malfunction and die off — sometimes at an alarming rate. And factors like stress and poor nutrition only deplete your numbers even further. One study showed that people in their seventies can have up to 50% more mitochondrial damage in their brain cells than people in their early forties!
And fewer healthy mitochondria not only means less energy and stamina, it also threatens your health and longevity and makes you feel older than your years.[2,3]
As I often explain to my readers, when your cells lack the energy they need to function, you start to feel tired and achy. Your memory and concentration begin to suffer. Your skin starts to age quickly.
Nearly every aspect of your health suffers when your mitochondria start to fail. This helps to explain why many scientists believe that the longevity of your mitochondria helps determine your overall longevity.
For Many Years, Scientists Were Stumped…Until Now
Until recently, scientists thought there was no way to prevent the mitochondrial dysfunction that underlies so many of the health problems affecting the brain, heart, vision, nerves and muscles that we associate with getting older.
But thanks to breakthrough new research, science has once again turned the impossible into an opportunity for you to age better and live longer.
Please keep reading, because as you’re about to see, the revolutionary breakthrough I’m introducing to you today not only helps supercharge your mitochondria so they work better and more efficiently, it can also help produce brand new mitochondria — a feat nothing else on earth has ever been shown to do!
PQQ: The Mitochondria-Saving Nutrient That’s Truly “Out of This World”
The breakthrough I want to tell you about today is a cutting-edge nutrient that’s becoming impossible to ignore.
The reason I’m so excited is that this nutrient has a remarkable ability to support the healthy functioning of mitochondria, and it can even help you grow new mitochondria. It’s called pyrroloquinoline quinone, and since it’s almost impossible to pronounce, it’s commonly called PQQ for short.
If you’re a “science nerd” like me, then you may be interested to know that PQQ is an essential component of just about every living cell on earth. Fascinatingly, NASA scientists even found PQQ in interstellar comet dust particles that a probe brought back a few years ago!
PQQ is a building block of life and, as such, I consider it a building block of optimal health.
The fact that PQQ can help you grow more mitochondria is extraordinary news, because more mitochondria means improved mitochondrial density, a cutting-edge concept that has anti-aging researchers buzzing these days. Studies show that when it comes to your cellular power plants, the more you’ve got, the better off you are, especially in the areas of your body requiring the most energy, like your brain and heart.
And while nutrients like CoQ10 can help support mitochondrial function (more on that in a moment), PQQ is the only nutrient in the world (or dare I say, universe) known to be capable of generating new mitochondria.
Specifically, research shows PQQ can:[5-8]
- Increase energy and boost metabolism
- Improve learning and memory ability
- Combat inflammation and oxidative stress
- Support long-term brain and heart health
- Reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality
- Promote overall healthy aging
PQQ Really Can Make You Feel Younger
Amazingly, PQQ has been clinically shown to induce the growth of new mitochondria for more youthful cellular energy output at doses of 10 mg or even less. And at daily doses of 20 mg per day, PQQ has been shown to effectively support cognitive function.
A preliminary study performed by researchers at the University of California, Davis found that within just eight weeks on supplemental PQQ, the numbers of healthy mitochondria more than doubled!
In a gold-standard, double-blind human clinical study, researchers gave patients PQQ for 12 weeks. The results showed PQQ’s amazingly broad range of health benefits, including:
- More energy and reduced fatigue levels
- Reduced anxiety levels
- Decreased LDL cholesterol levels by an average of 19 points
- Increased sleep quality, longer sleeping times
- Increased overall vitality
- And MORE!
All told, dozens of studies have now been published on PQQ’s spectacular health benefits, which have found it effective in triggering new mitochondrial growth, protecting mitochondrial function and delivering all the health benefits that having robust mitochondria offers for your brain, heart and every other cell, muscle and organ in your body.
CoQ10: PQQ’s Perfect Partner in Turning Back the Clock on Aging
If you’re familiar with my newsletter, you may already know that I’m a huge fan of CoQ10 because it works on so many levels to “turn back the clock” on aging.
Like PQQ, CoQ10 is a powerful antioxidant and cellular energy booster that works to support the health of existing mitochondria. And as it turns out, CoQ10 pairs perfectly with PQQ to produce even more spectacular results.
For example, research has shown that when PQQ is combined with CoQ10, it yields even better results for improving brain function. This synergistic effect was demonstrated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trial.
While PQQ is extraordinarily effective at protecting mitochondria from oxidative damage and spurring the growth of new mitochondria, CoQ10 is involved more directly in cellular energy production, and it offers mitochondria a powerful boost. CoQ10 is found in every cell of your body, and a growing mountain of evidence points to its ability to help you:[10-14]
- Support your heart and entire cardiovascular system
- Maintain healthy brain function and neuro-protection
- Increase cellular energy and reduce both physical and mental fatigue
- Fight off harmful free radicals that accumulate body-wide
- Support gum and oral health
Your body’s natural production of CoQ10 begins to drop off after you turn the corner at age 30. And by the time you’re 50, your levels may be too low to support optimal heart function. By 70, your levels can be so depleted that they actually accelerate aging.
The Dangers of an Undiagnosed CoQ10 Deficiency
Because every cell in your body uses CoQ10 to generate energy, a deficiency can really knock you for a loop. You might feel tired from the minute you get out of bed and experience:
- Brain fog, poor concentration and memory problems
- Feelings of irritability, anxiety and moodiness
- Aches and pains in your muscles or head
- A weakened immune system
Even scarier, CoQ10 deficiency can lead to serious cardiovascular issues, according to Mayo Clinic experts. That’s not surprising, since CoQ10 is highly concentrated in your heart. Scientists have also discovered that CoQ10 deficiencies are common in people with memory loss and believe a link may exist.[17,18]
When you consider the importance of CoQ10 for every cell in your body, taking extra CoQ10 can make a significant difference in staying active and living a long, healthy life. And CoQ10 fills in the gaps that PQQ can’t fill, so these two nutrients together are a powerhouse combination.
Here’s How to Quickly Boost Your PQQ Levels
While it is possible to consume enough PQQ from plant foods, many of the richest food sources aren’t exactly everyday staples for most Americans. Foods like natto, tofu, kiwi fruit and papaya aren’t a regular part of the standard American diet. And you’d have to eat extremely large quantities of these foods on a daily basis to maintain your levels of PQQ as you age.
That’s why I strongly recommend that my readers boost their levels of PPQ with a high-quality supplement. This is the easiest and most reliable way to make sure you are doing everything you can to support your precious mitochondria and rapidly grow new ones.
And PQQ works best when it is supported by CoQ10 and other essential nutrients. Many supplements only contain PQQ and nothing else, which means you aren’t getting the full health benefits.
The PQQ-CoQ10 Combo I Personally Recommend
If you’ve read my Live in the Now newsletter, you probably know that when it comes to nutritional supplements, I put a big emphasis on science. Nobody wants to waste time and money on solutions that don’t work.
Now, I’ve been writing about and recommending both PQQ and CoQ10 a lot recently. My readers were loving the results, but had one complaint: The prices they were paying for high-quality supplements containing research-backed doses of both PQQ and CoQ10 were absurd, with some spending upwards of $100 per month!
That’s when I decided to create my own combination formula and made sure it was priced so that nearly everyone could benefit from the extraordinary health and energy support PQQ and CoQ10 can provide when taken together.
You see, in addition to my work with the Live in the Now newsletter, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. Working with my Scientific Advisory Board, and carefully referencing all of the scientific studies at hand, we created a revolutionary formula called MAX-Q10™ ULTRA PQQ. It contains research-based doses of premium-grade PQQ and CoQ10 plus full doses of four additional nutrients, at an amazingly affordable price — as low as $27.95 for a full month’s supply.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ for as low as $27.95 per bottle – with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
I believe MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ is the finest formula of its kind on the market today. I know of no other formula that provides its powerful array of nutrients, each in clinically researched amounts to support your heart, boost your brain function, and even make you look and feel younger — all in just two easy-to-swallow softgels per day.
In every daily serving of MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ, you get:
- 10 mg of Premium-Grade PQQ: This highly purified and potent form of PQQ is produced through a unique fermentation process and considered one of the highest quality grades of PQQ in the world. Unlike many PQQ products, which provide a fraction of this amount, you get the clinically researched dose.
- 200 mg of Kaneka Q10® Trans-Form CoQ10: Kaneka Q10® is the worldwide gold standard for CoQ10. This extra-strength dose is bio-identical to the CoQ10 that is produced naturally within your own body, so it is more readily absorbed than the cheaper synthetic forms of CoQ10 you find in many formulas.
- 5 mg of BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract: This patented black pepper extract has been shown to improve CoQ10 absorption by more than 30%. It boosts the bioavailability of other nutrients as well, which makes it an ideal addition to any supplement regimen and to combat absorption problems that often occur as we grow older.
- 200 mg of L-Carnitine (200 mg): This heart-healthy amino acid is found mostly in red meat, which means you may not get enough if you’ve cut back on meat like so many people have. The 200 mg of L-carnitine in MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ delivers a level comparable to what you could get from a 12-ounce steak.
- 100 mg of life’sOMEGA™ Omega-3s: This unique algae-based ingredient is a great source of the EPA and DHA needed for optimal cognitive and cardiovascular health. It’s free of the unwanted toxins and heavy metals that can be found in low-quality fish oils, and it’s a superior EPA/DHA source compared with other plant-based omega-3s.
- 50 mg of Resveratrol: Our high-quality resveratrol is sourced from the superior Japanese knotweed, which provides a much higher concentration of resveratrol than can be derived from grapes and other sources — one daily dose is equal to over 50 glasses of red wine, without any of the side effects of alcohol, of course!
- 800 IU of Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is the most potent and natural form of vitamin D, and getting enough of this vitamin is essential for heart health, cognitive function and immune resistance. MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ ensures this health-enhancing nutrient is a part of your dietary intake each and every day.
- Convenience That Can’t Be Beat: Just two small veggie capsules per day give you everything you need for fast-acting and long-lasting results. It takes just a few seconds, and you will quickly feel better than you ever thought possible.
- Quality You Can Trust: It’s made in a state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected facility located in the United States. Unlike some brands whose quality is questionable, this is a product whose purity and potency you can trust!
- PLUS: It’s Affordable, Ships for Free and Is Risk-Free: MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ is priced as low as $27.95 per bottle, which is up to four times less than other PQQ formulas. It also ships to you for free and if you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return it any time within one year of purchase for a full refund. It’s as simple as that.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get MAX-Q10 ULTRA PQQ for as low as $27.95 per bottle – with free shipping. I encourage you to take advantage of this great deal.
In good health,
Joshua Corn, Editor-in-Chief
- Ann Neurol. 1993 Oct;34(4):609-16.
- Bioessays. 2007 Sep;29(9):908-17.
- J Biol Chem. 2010 Jan 1;285:142-52.
- J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. 2015;61(3):233-40.
- J Nutr. 2006 Feb;136(2):390-6.
- Alt Med Rev. 2009 Sep;14(3):268-77.
- Anal Biochem 1996;238:145-149
- FOOD Style. 2009;21:13(7):50-3.
- Eur Heart J. July 2007.
- CNS Spectrums. 2007;12(1):62-8.
- Free Radic Res. 2006;40:445-53.
- Ernster L. Facts and ideas about the function of coenzyme Q10 in the Mitochondria. Elsevier, Amsterdam: 15-8.
- J Dent Res. 2013 Aug;92(8):735-9.
- Internat J Vit Nutr Res. 1972;42(2)291:42, n. 3:413.
- Arch Neurol. 2002;59(10):1541-1550.12
- J Nutr Biochem. 2000;11:109-113.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.