Recipe: Simply Delicious BBQ Salmon
As we recently reported in our article Weekly Fish Consumption Tied to Better Sleep and Higher IQ, a new study out of the University of Pennsylvania found a link between eating fish and improved sleep as well as higher levels of intelligence, which can be attributed to the high omega-3 fatty acid content.
Looking for a fresh take on preparing fish? This salmon recipe is one of our favorite dishes, and it’s super easy to prepare!
Simple BBQ Salmon Recipe
Salmon is one of the best fish varieties that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It can be prepared in many ways. This recipe is courtesy of Dr. Josh Axe, D.N.M., C.N.S., D.C., founder of DrAxe.com and best-selling author of Eat Dirt.
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon fillets
- In a sauté pan, heat the molasses and butter over medium-high heat. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, chipotle powder and garlic powder to the sauce and mix well. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the salmon fillets to the pan, cover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
- Remove the fillets to plates or a serving platter. Pour the remaining sauce over each salmon fillet. Serve hot.
Mary West is a natural health enthusiast, as she believes this area can profoundly enhance wellness. She is the creator of a natural healing website where she focuses on solutions to health problems that work without side effects. You can visit her site and learn more at http://www.alternativemedicinetruth.com. Ms. West is also the author of Fight Cancer Through Powerful Natural Strategies.