Recipe: Make Your Own Breakfast Bars
Makes 6 bars.
2 ½ c. Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal
1/2 c. natural chunky peanut butter
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. of dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 baking dish
- Mix peanut butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over low heat, until smooth.
- Combine cereal and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix to spread them throughout.
- Press into the baking dish and refrigerate till firm.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
Nutritional Information: 190 calories, 7 g protein, 25 carbohydrates, 8.7 g fat (2.3 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 4.6 g fiber, 67 mg sodium.