Recipe: Make Your Own Breakfast Bars
If you like breakfast bars, you can save money and avoid additives if you make your own. And they’re easy! One provides the same amount of protein as an egg for breakfast or an on-the-go snack.
Makes 6 bars.
2 ½ c. Kashi® GOLEAN Crunch!® cereal
1/2 c. natural chunky peanut butter
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. of dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 baking dish
- Mix peanut butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over low heat, until smooth.
- Combine cereal and peanut butter mixture in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix to spread them throughout.
- Press into the baking dish and refrigerate till firm.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
Nutritional Information: 190 calories, 7 g protein, 25 carbohydrates, 8.7 g fat (2.3 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 4.6 g fiber, 67 mg sodium.
Share the knowledge!
Article updated on: May 23rd, 2011