Let’s face it: For most of us, embarrassing memory lapses become more common as we get older. So it’s not surprising that concerns about memory loss and cognitive decline rank among the top fears related to aging.
On a practical level, maintaining normal cognitive function is critical for remaining self-sufficient and fully engage with the people you love and the activities you enjoy.
Beyond that, our lifetime of memories are essential to who we are as human beings.
The incredible news I want to share with you today is that, thanks to recent advances in neuroscience, we now know that memory loss and cognitive decline are not inevitable!
In fact, there’s a lot you can do to preserve, and even improve, your cognitive function as you age.
Stunning Findings Reveal the Secret to Maintaining a Healthy Brain
Please keep reading to learn about a remarkable natural way to help keep your brain healthy and your memory sharp, so you can stay “with it” into your 60s, 70s, 80s and beyond.
And yet, most people — including many doctors — have never even heard of it.
This simple and incredibly effective natural solution has been shown in gold-standard clinical studies to:[1-5]
- Improve memory function dramatically
- Sharpen focus and concentration
- Improve information retention
- Make it easier to learn new things
- Boost your alertness and sense of well-being
- Reduce feelings of stress and anxiety
…all while supporting the long-term health and function of your brain!
How a Nobel Prize-Winning Discovery Led to An Amazing Brain-Boosting Breakthrough!
Not long ago, a scientist named Dr. Eric Kandel made an amazing breakthrough. He discovered that we can actually grow millions of brand new brain cells no matter what our age. This was contrary to the scientific consensus at the time.
It was such a breakthrough that when Dr. Kandel revealed his findings to the medical world, it was deemed so important that he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine for his groundbreaking research!
The Brain-Boosting Protein That Keeps Your Mind Sharp
What Dr. Kandel discovered is that our ability to form new memories, learn new things, develop new skills, and adapt to change is all dependent on our brain’s ability to create new connections between neurons — nerve cells that receive, process and transmit information.
And this entire process absolutely depends on having an ample supply of a protein called brain-derived neurotrophic factor, or BDNF for short.
BDNF is responsible for the growth, maintenance and survival of neurons, and the creation of new neural connections. Scientific research has shown that higher levels of BDNF are linked to better:[7-11]
- Memory function and learning
- Overall cognitive performance
- Long-term brain health
BDNF Has the Astonishing Ability to Slow Memory Loss by 40%
In a recent study published in the journal Neurology, people with higher levels of BDNF had a 40% slower rate of memory loss and cognitive function decline as they aged compared to those who had the lowest levels.
In another study, researchers at Stanford University wanted to see what effect BDNF levels had on the performance of airplane pilots. In the study, they selected 144 pilots to undergo tests in a flight simulator.
The researchers found that the pilots with the highest levels of BDNF scored better on the simulator tests than those with lower levels! Their brains were sharper than the pilots with lower BDNF levels, and their reactions were quicker, too!
Remarkable Impact on Both Short and Long-Term Memory
In yet another study, University of Pittsburgh researcher and psychologist, Dr. Kirk Erickson, looked at the BDNF levels of 120 seniors. Over the course of this year-long study, Dr. Erickson gave half of the participants a BDNF-boosting daily exercise routine.
And the results were nothing short of remarkable.
In the study, Dr. Erickson found that increased levels of BDNF had amazing effects on the hippocampus (the part of the brain responsible for both short and long-term memory).
Indeed, Dr. Erickson found that by simply boosting BDNF levels, the hippocampus increased in size by at least 2%! Now, that may not sound like much until you consider that the average person over 60 loses roughly 1% in size of the hippocampus every year.
And that’s not all — the study showed that people with higher BDNF levels were able to increase their vocabulary 20% faster than people with lower levels!
Now the really good news is that there is a simple and effective way to increase your BDNF levels to enhance your memory and brain function.
Bacopa: This “Smart Herb” Is the #1 Way to Quickly Boost Your BDNF Levels
While physical exercise, mental stimulation, getting enough sleep and upping your intake of omega-3 fatty acids all can help increase BDNF levels, breakthrough research on a little-known “smart herb” native to the wet, marshy areas of India called bacopa is proving to be a brain-boosting godsend. In my opinion, it’s the #1 way to quickly and naturally boost your levels of BDNF.
Widely considered to be the best nootropic (cognitive enhancer or “smart herb”) available today, Bacopa monnieri has been used for over 3,000 years as a rejuvenating brain and memory tonic. Legend has it that ancient scholars used bacopa to help them memorize long passages of text.
Today, extraordinary research is showing that bacopa has the remarkable ability to increase levels of BDNF in the brain. It also has been shown to help promote the growth of new neurons and neural pathways, which helps to explain why it’s such a powerful memory and concentration booster.[15-17]
The active compounds that bacopa contains, known as bacosides, are among the few substances that can easily cross the blood-brain barrier to bind to receptor sites in the brain and promote neuron communication. Bacosides also act as powerful antioxidants, supporting and shielding the brain from damaging toxins and free radicals.
Research shows that bacopa has the remarkable ability to nourish the brain and soothe the nervous system, helping to relieve feelings of stress and anxiety.
Gold-Standard Research Confirms Bacopa’s Extraordinary Ability to Rejuvenate Brainpower
Exciting gold-standard clinical research on a new patented bacopa extract provides more proof that Dr. Ericson was absolutely right about BDNF’s memory boosting impact, and that bacopa extract is the best way to take advantage of these benefits.
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers studied the memory-enhancing effects of this bacopa extract in a group of healthy men and women over 55 and were blown away by the results.
Participants who were given 300 mg of supplemental bacopa extract daily for 12 weeks experienced significant improvements in memory function in several areas, including:
- Improved information recall
- Better memory retention
- Increased ability to learn new information
In another double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial conducted on healthy men and women between the ages of 50 and 75 with complaints of memory problems, participants who received 450 mg daily of the same standardized bacopa extract showed significant improvements in attention and verbal memory.
Other studies have shown that bacopa speeds up visual information processing, improves retention of new information, while reducing feelings of stress and anxiousness.[3-5]
Vitamin B12: Bacopa’s Perfect Partner for Supercharging Brain Function
While supplementing with a high quality bacopa extract is one of the best things you can do to boost brain function, improve memory and keep your mind sharp as you age, if you are deficient in vitamin B12 (which up to 50% of older adults may be) you could still be setting yourself up for troubling cognitive issues.
You see, as you age your body’s ability to effectively absorb B12 rapidly declines.
B12 deficiency can leave you feeling drained of energy, mentally “foggy” or just plain irritable. But worse than that, it can cause your levels of the dangerous amino acid homocysteine to increase, putting your brain and entire nervous system at risk.
B12 is also vital in the most basic cellular processes involved in energy production, which is why it’s popularly known as the “energy vitamin.”
But what you may not know is that B12 also provides powerful long-term support for cognitive health. Scientists at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago found that people with markers linked to a vitamin B12 deficiency actually had smaller brains and lower scores on tests measuring short-term memory, concentration and other thinking processes.
The good news is that it’s easy to correct a vitamin B12 deficiency if you use the right form and dose of the nutrient. B12 comes in several different forms, but the methylcobalamin form, which is found naturally in the body, has been shown to produce the most consistent beneficial results as a supplement.
The Problem with Most Brain and Memory Supplements
There are lots of dietary supplements that promise “miracles” when it comes protecting your brain and boosting your memory. But in my opinion, nothing gets the job done better than bacopa extract. The problem is, finding a high quality bacopa supplement can be very difficult and, if you’re not careful, very expensive.
Here’s my quick “cheat sheet” so you know what to look for:
- Standardized Bacopa: When choosing a supplement specifically to support your memory, my recommendation is a standardized Bacopa monnieri extract. Don’t waste your time with unproven herbs like ginkgo or gotu kola. And don’t get duped into taking anything that is not standardized, or you almost certainly won’t get levels of bacopa’s active bacosides.
- A Research-Based Dose: Choose a product with an effective, research-based dose of 450 mg of standardized bacopa extract. This was the dosage used to get the amazing results shown in the studies I mentioned above.
- Vitamin B12: Virtually every adult can benefit from taking 3,000 to 5,000 mcg daily of B12 in the methylcobalamin form to maintain healthy levels of this essential vitamin. Whether it’s included in your memory supplement or you take it separately, you need to make sure you’re getting enough B12 if you’re serious about maintaining your cognitive health as you age.
- Price: Some people mistakenly believe if you pay more you get better quality. My advice is that you don’t need to pay more than $20 for a one-month supply of a high-quality, standardized bacopa extract. Many companies are charging more than double that amount.
Just follow these guidelines to get the extraordinary support your brain craves!
A Simple Solution That Makes It Easy to Reap the Benefits of Bacopa and B12
When I set out to find a high-quality bacopa supplement at an affordable price, I was shocked at how few options were out there, and there were fewer yet that provide bacopa and vitamin B12 together.
I knew there had to be a way to make these potent, natural brain health and memory boosters more accessible at a price nearly everyone can afford.
You see, in addition to my work with the Live in the Now newsletter, I also run Stop Aging Now, a company that has been making premium-quality supplements for over 20 years.
So I worked with my Scientific Advisory Board to create a powerful, all-in-one bacopa formula that has research-based doses of both bacopa and B12.
It’s called Memory Energizer™, and it contains the unique combination of potent doses of bacopa extract and the methylcobalamin form of vitamin B12 for incredibly powerful support for your memory and long-term cognitive health.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Memory Energizer for as low as $13.95 per bottle. Plus it ships for free. Click here to take advantage of this special offer.
Here is what makes Memory Energizer such an outstanding brain health supplement:
- 450 mg of BacoMind® Bacopa: This patented extract is the one used in the clinical studies that have produced such remarkable results. It has been the subject of more than 15 scientific papers and presentations, and is standardized to include high levels of active bacosides, with each batch tested to ensure purity and potency. BacoMind bacopa has been scientifically shown to be a quick and easy way to boost levels of BDNF in your brain.
- 5,000 mcg of Vitamin B12: Memory Energizer supports the structure, function and long-term health of your brain and nervous system with a powerful dose of B12 in the superior methylcobalamin form, which has been shown to offer better potency and absorption than other forms of B12.
- Convenience That Can’t Be Beat: Just one small veggie capsules per day give you everything you need for fast-acting and long-lasting results. It takes just a few seconds, and you’ll actually feel the difference.
- Quality You Can Trust: It’s made in Stop Aging Now’s own state-of-the-art, FDA-inspected facility located in Florida. Unlike some brands whose quality is questionable, this is a product whose purity you can trust!
- Affordable, Ships for Free and Risk Free: Memory Energizer is priced as low as $13.95 per bottle, which is less than half the price of similar formulas. It’s not available in stores, but it ships to you for free and comes with an amazing guarantee. If you’re not satisfied for any reason, I’ll gladly send you a refund of every penny you paid — up to one year after purchase. It’s as simple as that.
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get Memory Energizer for as low as $13.95 per bottle. Plus it ships for free.
1. J Alt Compl Med 2010;16(7):753-59.
2. J Pharmacol Toxicol 2008;3(6):425-34.
3. Phytother Res 2008;22(12):1629-34.
4. Psychopharmacol 2001;156:481-4.
5. Neuropsychopharmacol 2002;27(2):279-81.
7. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 2011;14(3):399-404.
8. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 2008;21(3):166-70.
9. Neurobiol Learn Mem 2008;90(4):596-603.
10. J Neural Transm (Vienna) 2006;113(9):1217-24.
11. Neurology 2016;86(8):735-41.
12. Transl Psychiatry 2011;1(10):e51.
13. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108(7):3017-3022.
14. Rejuvenation Res. 2013;16(4):313-326.
15. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015, Article ID 837012, 9 pages.
16. Psychiatry Investig 2014;11(3):297-306.
17. Neurochem Res 2016;41(11):3083-3094.
18. Am J Epidemiol 2005;162(7):644-53.
19. Neurology 2011;77(13):1276-82.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.