10 Warning Signs of Blood Sugar Trouble You Should Never Ignore
Are you one of the tens of millions of Americans who struggle to maintain healthy blood sugar metabolism? Often, a blood sugar issue first manifests with symptoms like fatigue, mood swings, food cravings and weight gain.
But if you fail to heed warning signs, it can lead to a condition known as insulin resistance, which can cause your blood sugar to fluctuate wildly, leading to more serious health problems. If this happens, your doctor may tell you that your only option is to take a dangerous drug (or likely, multiple drugs) for the rest of your life.
I’m here to tell you that this is nonsense. The consequences of living with a serious blood sugar imbalance can be tragic — but so can the side effects of taking a drug used to “fix” the problem. And the truth is that there is an easy, inexpensive way to maintain healthy blood sugar levels safely and permanently – and YOU deserve to know about it because the benefits of getting a handle on your blood sugar (the natural way) will improve just about every aspect of your health forever.
Why You Want Balanced Blood Sugar
Your body has the amazing ability to convert the food you eat into glucose, which is the raw fuel it uses to produce energy. Once you’ve got glucose circulating in your bloodstream, your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin, which transports glucose into your cells, but if your cells don’t respond to insulin (as is the case with insulin resistance), your blood sugar can start to fluctuate wildly, leading to serious health problems.
The Dangers of Drugs for Blood Sugar Management
The current mainstream medical mentality on blood sugar management has created Big Pharma’s most lucrative class of drugs, and they will stop at nothing to keep them on the market. But they are nowhere near as safe as we’ve been told!
You may recall the scandal surrounding the controversial drug, Avandia. It appears that the makers of Avandia manipulated “scientific” data and outright lied about its safety record. Yet it is still being prescribed despite having caused over 83,000 heart attacks, according to the Senate Finance Committee. But there’s no reason for YOU to jeopardize your health for their profits, especially when there are safer options.
A Spice That’s Nice for Blood Sugar
Some people are predisposed to blood sugar problems, while others may be at increased risk due to lifestyle. The good news (that Big Pharma wants to keep under wraps) is that in most cases, it’s easy to correct a blood sugar imbalance with a natural extract that I consider a true gift from the earth.
Cinnamon has been used as both a culinary spice and medicinal herb for thousands of years. Recently however, groundbreaking research on cinnamon has led to some exciting discoveries in the areas of blood sugar control, weight loss, cardiovascular health and more.
The Science Behind Cinnamon Is Impressive
The positive effects of cinnamon on glucose metabolism were actually discovered by USDA scientists who were shocked to discover that cinnamon significantly increases insulin production and has a fantastic balancing effect on both blood sugar and cholesterol.[3,4]
More recently, a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that people who consume cinnamon daily have improved insulin function and increased levels of a peptide that help prevent overeating, which can lead to spikes in blood sugar. Another amazing study showed that supplementing with 500 mg of a water-soluble cinnamon extract regulates blood sugar levels in people with insulin resistance.
Cinnamon Supports Optimal Heart Health Too!
In addition to its blood sugar benefits, research has also shown that cinnamon contains powerful antioxidant substances that promote optimal heart health, tame inflammation and supports strong heart function. Scientists believe that cinnamon’s antioxidant properties may be the reason that cinnamon has effectively balanced both blood pressure and cholesterol levels in numerous clinical studies.
Do You Have an Addiction You Don’t Know About?
Food cravings are one of the primary challenges people face when attempting to stick to a weight loss plan. Oftentimes these seemingly uncontrollable cravings are the result of a physical addiction to sugar. Breakthrough research has actually shown that refined sugar may be more addictive than cocaine! You may be familiar with sugar addiction if you’ve ever struggled with intense, overpowering cravings for baked goods, desserts or other sweet or starchy foods. This is where cinnamon can really help!
Cinnamon to the Rescue – AGAIN!
According my friend Dr. Harry Preuss, MD, a professor at Georgetown Medical Center and the world’s foremost expert on glucose metabolism, cinnamon’s ability to help control blood sugar makes it a valuable tool for weight loss. The fat cells in your abdomen are particularly sensitive to high insulin levels, and are very effective at storing excess calories that become fat. Research shows that cinnamon may actually mimic insulin, which can translate into fat loss.
WARNING: Don’t Go Swallowing Cinnamon by the Spoonful
Most people don’t know that cinnamon contains volatile oils, and when used frequently in high doses, it can be toxic to the liver. Your best bet is to take a cinnamon extract supplement, but make sure it is says “water-soluble” on the label which insures that the toxic constituents have been removed while leaving the important active compounds intact. Currently, most experts recommend taking 500 mg a day of a standardized, water-soluble cinnamon extract.
The PERFECT Blood Sugar Solution
As many of you may know, in addition to my work with Live in the Now, I own a company called Stop Aging Now, which has been making premium-grade dietary supplements for over 20 years. Working with the Stop Aging Now Scientific Advisory Board and Product Development Team, I created an affordable and highly effective cinnamon formula called CinnaPure® that is superior to anything else out there. I encourage you to do your own research, to make sure I’m not just shamelessly promoting my own product. I am confident, however, that CinnaPure is simply the best cinnamon extract out there.
- The Perfect Dose: Just one small capsule per day provides 500 mg of the only water-soluble cinnamon extract available that contains the water-soluble polyphenol polymers recognized to be the most active compounds found in cinnamon. CinnaPure is manufactured through an innovative water-based process using no chemical solvents.
- Standardized: CinnaPure is produced from a superior source of cinnamon bark, validated to have the highest concentration of active type-A polymers, which have been shown to support healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels and have potent antioxidant properties.
- Safe and effective: CinnaPure is made using a method that effectively removes the toxic constituents while leaving important active compounds intact, making it completely safe for everyday use.
- Affordable and Risk Free: This amazing formula is available for as low as $14.99 per bottle for a one month supply, which is less than many discount, low quality brands. Plus it ships to you for free and comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right – take it for up to one year, and get a full refund if you don’t like it.
I personally inspect the manufacturing facility where CinnaPure is made on a monthly basis to make sure my rigorous quality standards are being met, so I feel comfortable saying that I stand by this product 100%.
Whether you’re concerned about avoiding blood sugar troubles down the road, losing weight, protecting your heart or simply increasing your energy levels and feeling better every day, CinnaPure is a smart investment.
There is a special offer going on right now and you can get CinnaPure for as low as $14.99 per bottle plus free shipping.
However, don’t just take my word for it. I encourage you to shop around and make sure that you are purchasing the best cinnamon extract you can get – your health depends on it!
3. Broadhurst L, et al. Insulin-like biological activity of culinary and medicinal plant aqueous extracts in vitro. J Agric Food Chem. 2000 Mar; 48(3):849–52.
4. Anderson RA, et al. Isolation and characterization of polyphenol type-A polymers from cinnamon with insulin-like biological activity. J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70
5. Hlebowicz J, et al. Effects of 1 and 3 g cinnamon on gastric emptying, satiety, and postprandial blood glucose, insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, glucagon-like peptide 1, and ghrelin concentrations in healthy subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. March 2009 vol. 89 no. 3 815-821.
6. Stoecker BJ, et al. Cinnamon extract lowers blood glucose in hyperglycemic subjects. FASEB J. 2010; 24:722.1.
7. Kim SH, Choung SY. Antihyperglycemic and antihyperlipidemic action of Cinnamomi Cassiae (Cinnamon bark) extract in C57BL/Ks db/db mice. Arch Pharm Res. 2010 Feb;33(2):325-33.
8. Peng X, et al. Cinnamon bark proanthocyanidins as reactive carbonyl scavengers to prevent the formation of advanced glycation endproducts. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Mar 26;56(6):1907-11. Epub 2008 Feb 20.
9. Qin B, Nagasaki M, Ren M, Bajotto G, Oshida Y, Sato Y. Cinnamon extract prevents the insulin resistance induced by a high-fructose diet. Horm Metab Res. 2004 Feb;36(2):119-25.
10. Lake BG. Coumarin Metabolism, Toxicity and Carcinogenicity: Relevance for Human Risk Assessment. Food Chem Tox. 1999 Apr: 37(4): 423-453.
Joshua Corn – Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.