Cutting Through the Hype: The REAL Reason Resveratrol Is a "Must Take" Supplement
From the minute we’re born, we begin to age. Most of us aren’t too concerned with this fact for the first 20 or 30 years of our lives. But that all changes once we begin to notice the first hallmark signs of aging. New lines on our faces, annoying aches and pains, lower energy levels, weight gain, memory loss — the list goes on and on.
There’s no denying that growing old is part of life, but is our only option to simply sit by and watch as our physical vitality and mental sharpness deteriorate?
Breakthrough science is showing that it’s possible to be very much in control of your aging process. In fact, exciting new research shows that it may be easier than you would have ever thought possible to become one of those lucky, inspiring people who not only age well, but also retain a zest for life, well into your 80s, 90s and beyond.
Is the Search for the Fountain of Youth Over?
Several years ago, scientists were baffled by a startling discovery. Research showed that reducing the number of calories you consume daily, while maintaining proper nutrition, can actually help you live longer — by as much as 10 years! This concept, known as “caloric restriction”, miraculously mitigates the effects of the aging process. It turns out that your body has a built-in survival mode that is activated when it is short on calories. When this happens, the aging process actually slows down! Think of it as a form of cellular hibernation.
What Can We Learn From the Oldest American Man Ever?
The oldest American man ever was Walter Breuning, who only recently passed away at the impressive age of 114 years. USA Today reported that the reason for his enduring health might have been that he ate only two small meals a day for much of his life. Some experts believe that he may have unknowingly benefited from a lifelong lifestyle of caloric restriction, thus putting his aging genes in virtual slow motion.
The Benefits of Eating Less Without Eating Less!
While the prospect of adding 10 years to your life is exciting, maintaining a calorie restricted lifestyle day in and day out might not be your idea of “the good life”. It’s hard enough to diet for just a few months – and even harder to do it for years or decades. But what if you could trick the system?
Incredible new research has shown that resveratrol, the powerful antioxidant substance famous for giving red wine its health benefits, has the unique ability to mimic the positive effects of a low calorie diet — even for those who aren’t curbing their food intake. According to experts, supplementing your diet with resveratrol can actually slow aging and increase lifespan by up to 70%! Resveratrol is also a powerful antioxidant and provides a vast array of cardiovascular benefits.
Big Pharma Can’t Wait to Turn Resveratrol into a Drug
The research on resveratrol’s ability to extend human life is so promising that Big Pharma has it on their radar as their next potential blockbuster drug. However, since resveratrol is a natural substance, they can’t patent it and reap enormous profits. One drug company has already spent over $700 million to create a synthetic version of resveratrol so they can sell it as a drug that costs many more times what natural resveratrol does.
Fortunately for you, you don’t have to wait for the pharmaceutical version. You can get natural resveratrol right now and start to benefit from its miraculous life-extending properties.
However, you need to make sure you take the right type of resveratrol and the correct amounts. Otherwise, you are not only wasting money, but potentially missing out on an amazing opportunity to extend your lifespan and improve almost every aspect of your health.
Take a Resveratrol Supplement That Really Works
The key to getting the life extending benefits of resveratrol is to take a high quality supplement that most closely matches what was used in the actual research. The more I tested resveratrol supplements, the more I realized that very few actually contained the precise type and amounts of resveratrol shown to provide meaningful life extension and health benefits.
The unfortunate side of the extraordinary, emerging research on resveratrol is how quickly a wave of junk supplements flooded the market. There was no shortage of “here today, gone tomorrow” companies trying to make a quick profit on people seeking to benefit from resveratrol. This is a shame since these poor quality supplements watered down the scientifically researched benefits, and turned a lot of people off on resveratrol in general. But junk supplements aside, the science backing the benefits of resveratrol is incredibly solid.
The Easy Way to Choose the Right Resveratrol
If you want to take advantage of the incredible health benefits of resveratrol, but don’t want to waste your hard earned money on an inferior, watered-down supplement, here are 5 tips that will help you:
1. Take a minimum of 300 mg of resveratrol per day. There is no known toxicity associated with resveratrol, so generally, the more the better. Based on my research, I’d say that 400 mg is an ideal daily dose.
2. Resveratrol is a compound that can be extracted from many natural substances, such as grapes. However the most concentrated source of resveratrol in the world is a plant called Japanese knotweed.
3. Make sure to take a highly standardized supplement. You can be tricked by a supplement made from 1,000 mg of Japanese knotweed that’s only standardized to 20%. That means you’re only getting 200 mg of resveratrol. In general, the highest quality supplements are standardized to 50% resveratrol.
4. Perhaps the most important tip I can give is to choose trans-form resveratrol. The form of is superior to all other forms and is the most natural and potent. If you don’t see “trans” on the label, don’t take it.
5. Select synergistic ingredients can really boost the benefits of resveratrol. My favorite are grape extracts and red wine extracts which seemingly work well to “boost” the anti-aging benefits of resveratrol.
I’ve spent enough years in the natural health industry to know that all the science in the world can’t help you if there’s no practical way to apply it. That’s why it’s important to choose the right resveratrol supplement – however I can’t stress the important enough of getting started, especially if you’re over the age of 45.
The Best Resveratrol Supplement on the Market
The resveratrol supplement that I recommend and personally take is called ResveraPLUS®. I must disclose that I developed ResveraPLUS working with the Scientific Advisory Board at Stop Aging Now, the company I own that has been making premium grade nutritional supplements for over 20 years. I am a true believer in the life extending potential of resveratrol, and I thought a high quality, yet affordable resveratrol product was missing amid all the junk supplements on the market.
I encourage you to do your own research, to make sure I’m not shamelessly promoting my own product. But here’s why I am confident that ResveraPLUS is simply the best option out there:
- 400 mg of Pure, Standardized Trans-Resveratrol: This optimal dose is equal to over 200 glasses of red wine – without any of the negative effects of alcohol. The “trans” form of resveratrol is superior to all other forms and is the most natural and potent.
- 100 mg of Red Wine Extract: This alcohol-free extract of red wine is included in ResveraPLUS because studies have shown that red wine contains a wide array of polyphenols that enhance the effectiveness of resveratrol.
- 25 mg of Grape Seed Extract: We’ve included standardized grape seed extract, because its benefits have an amazing synergy with resveratrol. It’s an excellent source of antioxidants called OPCs, which have up to 50 times the free radical fighting activity of vitamins C and E.
- 25 mg of Powergrape®: Clinical studies have shown that whole grape extract supports oxygenation of muscles, which helps to restore the body’s vitality and enhances athletic performance. Since these are important components of vitality, this was a natural addition to this formula.
- It’s Safe and Effective: ResveraPLUS is made in a FDA-inspected facility to meet stringent standards for quality, purity and potency.
- It’s Affordable and Risk-Free: This amazing formula is available for as low as $16.50 per bottle, which is less than many discount, low quality brands. Plus it ships to you for free and comes with an “any reason” 365-day guarantee. That’s right – take it for up to one year, and get a full refund if you don’t like it.
I also personally inspect the manufacturing facility where ResveraPLUS is made on a monthly basis to ensure that my rigorous quality standards are being met, so I feel comfortable saying that I stand by this product 100%!
For a limited time, Live in the Now readers can get ResveraPLUS for as low as $16.50 per bottle with free shipping.
Joshua Corn -Editor-in-Chief
Josh is a health freedom advocate and veteran of the natural health industry. He has been actively involved in the natural health movement for over 15 years, and has been dedicated to the promotion of health, vitality, longevity and natural living throughout his career. Josh has successfully overcome several personal health challenges through natural means, and believes that sharing information can empower people to take control of their health so they can solve their own problems and live life to its fullest potential. Josh is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Live in the Now. Additionally he serves as CEO of Stop Aging Now, a company that has been formulating premium dietary supplements since 1995. Josh is currently working on his first book about natural health, and is gearing up to launch the Live in the Now radio show. In addition to his work in the natural health field, Josh is an avid outdoorsman, animal lover and enjoys “living in the now” with his wife and two sons.